Join us for Enlightened India 2020!
In India, one can experience the gamut: giddy laughter, loving kindness from strangers, heart connection, unexpected friendships, communion with cows, encounters with monkeys, blaring horns, sublime sunsets.
At Enlightened Tours, we have curated an experience that delivers daily opportunities to connect deeply to your Self and others; giving you plenty of time to nurture and restore with yoga, meditation and Ayurveda. Group activities as well as time on the Ganges, swimming in waterfalls, hiking in the foothills of the Himalayas. Satsang with living saints. Stillness.
“Julia and Roxanna blended the right amount of cultural sightseeing and Indian experiences, with deeply spiritual opportunities and free time for solo exploration. They established group cohesion that promoted the opportunity for personal connections which will clearly last a lifetime.” -Joe R.
If you look up the definition of “enlightened” it means to be awake. This trip is designed to guide you in waking up to the true divine light that resides within all of us through many different experiences, and to support you to shine more brightly in the world.
“I felt the love, support and freedom to be completely vulnerable and to learn what I was here to learn about myself. I am going home a changed woman and I see the world through new eyes. I feel so blessed.” -Deb O.
Enlightened India: 11 days in Rishikesh $2,900.00
Many special moments have been planned for our group. Here are just a few that are included in your tour:
- Executive class train ticket to Rishikesh from New Delhi
- 9 nights at the *BRAND NEW* Hotel Nirvana Bliss (rates based upon double occupancy)
- Transfer from Haridwar train station to hotel in Rishikesh
- Traditional vegetarian Indian buffet, 2 meals a day
- Daily yoga and meditation
- Nightly guided meditation
- Special Yagya fire ceremony and Aarti at Parmarth Niketan Ashram
- 1 night at Nirvana River Resort for glamping under the stars
Hike to the hidden village of Bizny to view an unchanged way of life
- 1 Ayurvedic Spa Treatment at the hotel Ayurvedic clinic
- Visit to a sacred Shiva Temple for morning aarti with sadhus
- Ceremony for our Ancestors on the banks of the Ganges (with opportunity to bring ashes for blessing and releasing)
Day in Rishikesh proper, including lunch, sari shopping, vegetable market and aarti in town
Visit to Ramana’s Garden orphanage with optional rooftop luncheon (for purchase)
- Dip in the sacred Ganges
- Tea & sweets with an Indian woman in her home with opportunities for Q&A
- Waterfall hike and swim
- Special afternoon of individual vedic astrology readings, henna & samosas
- Visit to Maharishi Mahesh Yogi’s ashram (aka the Beatles’ Ashram)
- Free time for shopping, relaxing and exploring this gem of a city
- Farewell Banquet
- Optional outings are available for an additional charge during free time including: hiking, cooking lessons, and more!
Imagine a sea of lights, floating down the Ganges, in Rishikesh, India. Tiny boats made from leaves, cloth wicks burning ghee and dancing in the current. Next December you can be placing your own prayer boat in the river. Register HERE.
I wish I could show you, When you are lonely or in the darkness, The Astonishing Light Of your own Being! -Hafiz
Old Delhi Day Tour
November 30, 2020
Some people may decide to arrive a day early and get a head start on the time change. We have curated a delightful day tour of Delhi to give you a flavor for this cosmopolitan city; something you will not experience in the serene, pastoral village of Rishikesh. A great way to jump into your India experience! Includes:
- Pick up at hotel after breakfast
- Money Exchanger
- Tour of Old Delhi by bicycle rickshaw,
- Lunch at famous Haldiram’s restaurant in the heart of Old Delhi
- Sight seeing/shopping/Spice Market
- Raj Ghat – memorial dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi
- Return to hotel for good night’s sleep
Taj Mahal Tour
December 11 – 13, 2020
The Taj Mahal – one of the 7 Wonders of the World.
- Pick up at the New Delhi Train Station on December 11
- Overnight at hotel in Delhi, dinner & breakfast
- A/C bus to Agra, lunch
- Taj Mahal visit, entrance fees
- Overnight at hotel in Agra, dinner & breakfast
- Visit to Agra Fort, entrance fees
- Return to Delhi airport on December 13